In this edition of the SVC Podcast, SVC Contributing Editor Bennett Liles goes into more detail with Megan Henninger on the new sound system installed by Clearwing Productions in the James Simpson Theater at Chicago’s Field Museum of Natural History. Megan describes running the speaker wiring and how they used the L-Acoustics LA Network Manager software to set up and ring out the speaker system. She also has some interesting comments on how the small 5XT speakers were concealed along the front edge of the stage.
Links of interest:
- The LA-4 amplified controller used in the new James Simpson Theater sound system
- The 5XT ultra-compact fill speakers concealed along the edge of the stage
- SB 18i high-powered compact subwoofers centrally stacked upstage
- The Midas Pro1 digital mixer installed by Clearwing Productions
- BSS Blu-160 signal processor with digital audio bus