In this edition of the SVC Podcast, SVC Contributing Editor Bennett Liles wraps up his talk with Jack Conners of Perfect World Studios in Northwest Michigan. Conners provides more details on the audio upgrade done for the Immaculate Conception Church in Traverse City, Mich. He discusses the wireless microphone system installed along with the mixers that are used for choir and pastor microphones. He also discusses the acoustical advantage in using head worn microphones for the priests and he hints at some future projects in the works for Perfect World Studios.
Links of interest:
- Audio-Technica BP-892 Microset microphones used by the pastors
- Ashly FTX-1501 amplifier used to drive the speakers under the choir loft
- Marc Warling of Online Marketing in Wadsworth, Ohio provided valuable assistance
- Audio-Technica U857QL UniPoint microphones used for ambo and podium pickup
- Ashly MX-206 mixers used in the main system and in the choir loft