In this edition of the SVC Podcast, SVC Contributing Editor Bennett Liles talks with Peter Borchard of MuSonics about the sound system and acoustics upgrade designed by him with the help of Dr. Dennis Fleisher at St. Joseph Cathedral in Sioux Falls, S.D. Borchard outlines the concept of maintaining lofty sounding reverberation for the pastors while improving speech intelligibility. MuSonics and Audio Connections of Brookings, S.D., installed a new wireless microphone system and convinced the priests to use head worn microphones for better sound.
Links of interest:
• MuSonics acoustical consulting and design firm
• Lectrosonics Aspen SPN 1624 Processor
• DPA 4066 head-worn microphones used by the priests
• Star Silent acoustic material for walls and ceilings
• Renkus-Heinz Iconyx speakers