SVC Podcast Show 40, Part 1:
To hear the podcast press the play button or download here. Or read the transcript.
Listen to Part 2 here.
In this edition of the SVC Podcast, SVC Contributing Editor Bennett Liles talks with Anthony Jones with audio operations on the hit Broadway show “Wicked.” Anthony discusses how, under the audio leadership of Michael Carrico, the current tour uses more than 40 Sennheiser wireless microphone systems and he outlines the setup and technical check-out for sound on the show. Also explored are the creative techniques for hiding microphones and transmitters within a variety of costumes worn by actors who sing and dance on the show.
Links of interest:
- Sennheiser SK 5212 body pack RF transmitters hidden on costumes for the show
- Sennheiser EM 3732 RF receivers used on the touring production of Wicked
- Cadac J-Type mixing console used at the FOH position for the show
- Meyer Sound M1D’s, M’elodies, 700HP subs, UPJ’s and UPJuniors, UPM’s, MM4′s
- The Meyer Sound Galileo 616 loudspeaker management system