Corporate AV Podcast Show 25
To hear the Podcast, press the play button or download here.
In this edition, SVC contributing editor Bennett Liles talks with Mark Turpin and Russ Cooper of Jaffee Holden, an AV design firm with a great deal of experience in the acoustics, audio, and video configuration for theaters and other performance venues. They discuss the significant challenge of designing sound and acoustics for two theaters on the world’s largest cruise ship, the Oasis of the Seas. In part one, the formidable task of providing sound for the ship’s Aqua Theater is explored. Located on the ship’s fantail, the venue is open-air, with a swimming pool in front of the stage, moving structures, underwater performers, wind, engine vibration, and other acoustic pitfalls. Turpin and Cooper tell about how they set out to take on the daunting job. Useful links:
• Fisher Dachs Associates photos of the Oasis of the Seas and the Opal Theater
• Electro-Voice EV XLD-291 speakers used for surround system in the Aqua Theater
• Yamaha DM-1000 VCM mixer used with a meter bridge for the Aqua Theater system
• Meyer Sound LCS Series Cue Mixer used in the Aqua Theater audio booth
• Listen LR-400 personal receivers used for assisted listening in the Aqua Theater