Corporate AV Podcast Show 26
To hear the Podcast, press the play button or download here.
In this edition (listen to part one), SVC contributing editor Bennett Liles continues his discussion with Mark Turpin and Russ Cooper of Jaffe-Holden, an AV design firm with a great deal of experience in the acoustics, audio and video configuration for theaters and other performance venues. They follow up from the talk on the Aqua Theater on the cruise ship Oasis of the Seas with some details on the ship’s larger, indoor venue, the Opal Theater. Turpin and Cooper reveal the acoustic considerations given to the theater in the planning stage and outline the challenges involved in providing clear but contained show sound in a large theater aboard the ship. They also discuss the unusual factors of compact spaces and very light construction encountered in this special environment. Useful links:
• The Aviom A-16II personal monitor mixers used by the Opal Theater musicians
• Clear-Com RM-704 rack stations for the theater intercom system
• DiGiCo CS-D5 digital mixer used for FOH in the ship’s Opal Theater
• Shure UR1wireless body pack transmitters worn by performers in the Opal Theater
• Shure UR4D dual receivers used in the Opal Theater wireless mic system