AV Over Fiber Show 37
To hear the Podcast, press the play button or download here.
In this edition of the AV Over Fiber podcast, Sound & Video Contractor Contributing Editor Bennett Liles talks Ramesh Sheth, President and CEO of S.I. Tech, maker of fiber-optic media converters, multiplexers, repeaters, hubs, and cable assemblies. The company got into fiber optics very early with the acquisition of Belden’s fiber-optic systems division in 1984. Ramesh discusses the latest trends in fiber optics for video transmission and offers some insight from the inside of the industry in the field of security and transmission of control signals over fiber.
– The use of media converters in security systems
– Multiplexers to transmit video and control signals for cameras and microphones
– Control signals for PTZ cameras
– The various transmission windows for fiber
– The use of opto-isolators for protection of expensive video gear
– TTL signal transmission over fiber links for security
– Fiber transmission of USB 1.1 and USB 2